Here’s a roundup of some interesting articles throughout the Virginia blogosphere.
- Bearing Drift has a roundup from all of the GOP Congressional Campaigns in Virginia. It’s spot-on analysis.
- The General Assembly passed legislation to grant Virginians the freedom to decide whether or not they have health insurance. Tom White over at Virginia Right! has a great post up on the health care issue.
- What is it with the General Assembly and their obsession with raising fees this session? The budget deficits have caused great discussions and debate about fee increases to generate revenue. Family Foundation Blog has a great post up encouraging the General Assembly to tame its appetite for these increases.
- Could a tax hike on businesses in Virginia be enacted? According to the rightwingliberal at Virginia Virtucon, the House of Delegates is strongly considering the tax hike, while Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling believes that a tax hike would break promises of a general tax increase.
- Meanwhile, The Washington Post’s Virginia Politics Blog reports that hundreds protested an Arlington Delegate’s invitation for a Fairfax Imam to deliver the opening prayer during the House session.