Across the Commonwealth of Virginia today, people will be casting their vote for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and House of Delegates. This election is no doubt vital to Virginia’s future prosperity. Please vote at your local polling location. Polls will be open until 7 p.m. today.
Below is a message from Sen. Jeff McWaters (R-Virginia Beach) on the importance of this election:
Today is Election Day in Virginia, and as you’ve probably read, turn out is expected to be very low. Every vote will make a difference this year, so please make sure you take the time to cast yours. The outcome of the election will be pivotal for the future of Virginia, and I ask that you vote for our Republican ticket.
Under the leadership of a Republican governor, Republican House of Delegates, and evenly divided Senate, Republicans have a record of results:
- 167,000 net new jobs created in Virginia in the last four years;
- Lowest unemployment rate in the Southeast and the 3rd-lowest east of the Mississippi at 5.8 percent;
- Four straight budget surpluses totaling nearly 2 billion dollars;
- Passed Virginia’s first major transportation funding plan since 1986;
- Made college more affordable and accessible, adding 14,000 new slots for undergraduate students;
- Reduced the unfunded liabilities in our pension system by 9 billion dollars;
- Provided students, parents and teachers with resources, accountability and choice via new innovative programs and policies in our K-12 system;
- Ranked by Forbes.com as “America’s Best State for Business.”
This is a record of leadership and commitment to serving you.
We need to keep Virginia moving forward. Our Republican Governor, Republican House of Delegates and evenly divided Senate have provided common sense, business-minded leadership to government over the last four years. I hope you will vote to hire the Republican candidates to keep the results-oriented progress going.
Polling locations in Virginia will be open from 6am to 7pm and a valid form of identification is required in order to cast a ballot. For information on acceptable forms of identification or to confirm your voting location, click on the links below:
This Election Day, I am supporting: