Here’s some buzz from the blogosphere in Virginia. As the General Assembly session winds down in Richmond, I plan to add the top ten bills from this past session as the encore.
- Brian Kirwin at Bearing Drift has a great article explaining the difference between fees and tax increases. While I often argue that fees are taxes in disguise, I think his analysis is spot-on.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch reported on the rally at the Capitol protesting fee increases.
- This weekend, the Loudoun County Republican Committee held elections nominating their new party Chairman. LCRC nominated Mark Sell, and Greg over at Black Velvet Bruce Li has more details.
- Jeanne Monahan over at FRC Blog reports that T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria will be housing a clinic promoting family planning for youth.
- Meanwhile, could this be true?!? Del. Ward Armstrong (D-Henry) is considering running for higher office, perhaps Governor or Lieutenant Governor in 2013. You’ve got to love the smackdown during the House session by House Speaker Bill Howell (R-Stafford). H/T to Shaun Kenney and Mason Conservative
- Last, but not least…I reported Thursday that Rep. Charlie Rangel’s scandal has hit Virginia with three Congressmen (Glenn Nye, Tom Perriello, and Gerry Connolly) accepting contributions from him in 2008. According to National Journal’s Hotline on Call, all three have donated their contributions to charity.